March 13, 2011

Southwest Valley Regional YMCA Triathlon

Goodyear, Arizona
.
This was my first triathlon of 2011. It was an Olympic distance. I ended up 4th in my age group. My swim was good, in fact I pulled off a 3rd over-all in the swim. I had a good bike split, but my run was labored and slow for some reason. My fastest Olympic prior to this was just over 3 hours. I wanted to break 3 hours and I did. I broke 3 hours with a 2:38:24! The story of the day was Christian however. At the last minute they switched his race to a reverse and we must have been at the car when they made the announcement, because we were standing at the pool when we saw kids running. Christian must have started at least 3 or 4 minutes behind the start gun, but he came back with the fastest bike split of the day and a great swim to still finish 3rd in his age category. If you subtracted 30 seconds off his time he would have been first in his age category and first over-all. 2011 is off to a great start. Tri Family Racing did a good job as always and I really like this venue for the pool and the bike course.
.