September 17, 2011

Nautica Malibu International Distance Triathlon


Malibu, California
I like this race a lot. It was an over-all well put together experience that I would do again. I experimented with this race. I decided to give the bike an all out effort and stop worrying about the run. I have lived the fear of not being able to finish the run for long enough. I hammered the bike and decided to just give it my all and worry about the run when I got there. If I blew up, I blew up. I averaged over 20 MPH despite some hills. That is good for me. I have gone slightly faster for an Olympic bike split, but that was a flat course. The weird part is that, not only did I not blow up on the run, I had my fastest 10K ever. I held an 8:26 pace for 6.2 miles. I have never run that fast even doing a 10K all by itself.