September 25, 2011



Tempe, Arizona
Red Rock always does a great job with their races, and this race was no exception. Also I thought the visor they gave out was the best I have ever received. Swimming into the sun in Tempe Town Lake is always difficult for me. I can’t see in the water, and I can’t see in the air. We had some cloud cover for the bike. Other than losing my gel flask and having no nutrition on the bike it went well. It is a good course for me I didn’t feel very strong on the run, but lucky for me I found a running buddy about two miles into the first loop who kept me at a good pace. (Thanks Jeff and good luck with Ironman Arizona!). The run was hot and keeping that pace apparently caused me to seriously overheat which I did not fully realize until I finished. Sorry Red Rock for stealing all that ice from the fruit trays but it was a medical emergency as far as I was concerned. Red Rock always has a good breakfast with scrambled eggs etc. My heat situation prevented me from feeling like eating, but Red Rock deserves accolades for the good job they do. I like doing races at Tempe Town Lake. It feels like home. Thanks Red Rock for another great race.

.