February 11, 2012

Pancake Run 10K


Gilbert, Arizona

This run takes place right up the street here in Gilbert and benefits the local high school. Also a portion of the course travels around the lakes at the riparian reserve, so it is an interesting course. How could we pass that up? Unfortunately I was sick. I took Christian to the race so he could run the 10k. He needs the mileage (so do I) for Pasadena in a week. I went in jeans and my regular walking shoes. The 10k is a double loop course. Somehow I convinced myself I needed to walk the 5k. Walking turned into a little running at times. I did the whole thing with a scarf that Lori made for me wrapped around my mouth so I wouldn’t take any cold air into my lungs. It was a good course. Oh well there is always next year. The pancakes were good.