February 4, 2012

Sedona 10K


Sedona, AZ

This 10K takes place at 4, 500 feet. The elevation wasn’t as much of a concern as the hills and elevation changes in this race.
Below is the 10k elevation map:

*
One factor I had not considered when I signed us up was the temperature. We had to get up at 3:00 a.m. to head up to Sedona. The morning cold got cured quick, fast and in a hurry when you spend the first two miles running up hill. This race does not have a flat step. For future reference 400 feet of climbing in 1.5 miles is a big long hill. It doesn’t sound that bad but it is. My legs are torn up from both going up and coming down. It was defiantly a good workout, especially for these flat land legs of mine. I don’t think I would want to run more than a 10K of those Sedona hills. Climbing the last half mile to the finish made me glad that it was over. It is a beautiful race.