April 3, 2011

Carlsbad 5000





Carlsbad, California

I know it is a bit much to sign up for a 5k the day after and competing in an Ironman event, but the temptation of the Super Bowl of 5k’s where so many U.S. an World records have been set was just too tempting to resist. Plus it was only 10 minutes from our hotel. There were various 5K races throughout the day. I signed Christian and I up for the walk. I did walk most of it. I just wanted to go through the course. It is a beautiful course right through a section of outdoor cafés and then along the gorgeous beach front. Gorgeous day and this has got to be one of the most beautiful 5K courses we have seen. Christian and I also got a pair of Newton’s each at the expo for 50 bucks brand new. You can sign up to do 5 X 5K’s throughout the day for a total of 25K also. Competitor does a nice job with this race.