April 23, 2011

Night Run for Julee



Scottsdale, Arizona
Today held 2 firsts for us in the racing world. Today, my son Christian and I did a double header. We did a race in the morning and a race in the evening. The other first is that this is the first time we have raced at night. That is something I didn’t think through when I brought my thumps. I wore them anyway and was able to see ok. I gotta have my music. This race had a great course with fantastic food. They had pizza, hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches etc. Most importantly this race went to benefit Julee Patterson who is a Scottsdale Police Officer who was diagnosed with breast cancer. All the sponsors did a great job and it was great to see all the support for Julee. Several of the valley's mascots were there in support. Big Red, Sparky, and Hairy were all there. Hairy is quite the character.

*