May 15, 2011

Tempe International Triathlon


Tempe, Arizona
The race got off to a late start which was ok with me because I wanted it hot by the time I hit the run. I want to some heat to deal with before I have to race in Hawaii in three weeks. I have to tell you, that I felt good for this race from start to finish. It was a good confidence builder for Hawaii. I have developed a working system of warm up, stretching, recovery and pre and post race nutrition that seems to be working. I finished this race in 02:38:39, which is pretty good for me given that this was just a race sandwiched into my training without any rest or pushing. Christian is doing well also. He took first place in his age category. He did the sprint and felt so good afterwards that he ran the second 5k of my 10 k with me just for the heck of it.